Mountain Biking at Moraine State Park: Overview
- The North Shore has a loop trail for mountain biking.
- The trailheads are accessed via the Mt. Union Road and the Alexander Ridge Road.
- The trail is not without risk.
- It is not uncommon to find steep slopes and slippery spots.
- It is recommended for off-road riders who are physically fit and who have adequate equipment to ride off-road.
- Riders assume all risks in a ride on the mountain bike trails at Moraine State Park.
Mountain Bike Trail at Moraine State Park
Moraine State Park has a network of about 8 miles of mountain bike specific trails. These types of trails are very popular locally – mainly due to their heavy rock base. With the amount of rain we get here in Western Pennsylvania, having a heavy rock base is extremely beneficial, and helps the trails withstand rain very well.
These mountain bike trails at Moraine State Park are mostly intermediate to advanced – since they are rock-filled and more technical.
Mountain Biking at Moraine: Directions & Local Info
- Moraine State Park Mountain Bike Trail at Alexander Ridge Rd
- Moraine Mountain Bike Trail at Mount Union Rd